The International Press Syndicate Group is a global news organisation, initially established in Canada and Germany in March 2009 as ‘Globalom Media Information, Communication and Publishing Agency‘, with IDN-InDepthNews as its flagship.
The Group comprises independent INPS organisations. Founding members are the International Press Syndicate in Toronto and Germany, and INPS Japan (formerly IPS Japan) as Associate Headquarters for Asia-Pacific of the INPS Group.
International Press Syndicate is registered in:
- Canada as International Press Syndicate
- Germany as International Press Syndicate Non-Profit (GGMBH)
- Japan as International Press Syndicate Japan
- Sydney as INPS Southeast Asia, and with the
- United Nations in New York.
The Group has Regional Bureaus in:
- Tokyo for Asia-Pacific
- New Delhi and Chennai for South Asia
- Sydney for Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific
- Brussels for the European Union and France (OECD and UNESCO)
- Johannesburg for Africa South of the Sahara
- Cairo for North Africa and the Middle East
- Quito for Latin America
All Group members are encouraged to raise funds through issue-based joint media projects for running regional and international operations.
Governance: The International Press Syndicate Group is governed by its regional heads within the framework of an international charter. An honorary Director-General (DG) coordinates the Group’s activities together with a CO-DG — assisted by an Associate DG who shall replace him in case of an emergency until a new DG has been appointed by the Board of INPS Germany and INPS Canada. The current DG is authorized by INPS Germany’s Articles of Association to act alone as its official representative. He also serves as the INPS Group’s Editor-in-Chief.
The Board of Advisors, with expertise in the fields of world peace, justice and human rights, provide valuable guidance to the Group.